How I Made This

How I Made This

I can’t art.My YouTube feed showed me that the Slow Mo Guys were spinning records until they broke.  I decided that the breaking frames looked beautiful.So I took the frame from their video and took a screenshot:record_spin_screenshotBut I didn’t want all the background noise.  I just wanted to get the outlines and to do that I needed to convert the bitmap to a vector.  For that I used InkScape.After InkScape selected the right bits I deleted the unwanted parts (had to ungroup first) and ended up with this:record_spinAh, but that background was a bit ugly and I like dartkable.  So I brought it into darktable and tweaked the color settings to end up with this:record_spinNow that I’ve done it and typed about it I can see there are better ways to do the workflow.Interesting how defining processes gives you the perspective to find opportunities to improve the processes.